The Union of Plort is a nation, comprising the military and foreign-policy union of the nations of Konti-Nyuum. It is the successor-state to the Protectorate of Plort. The national anthem of the Union is See Now, Konti-Nyuum.
Nations of the Union Edit
There are currently five nations in the Union:
- The Protectorate of Borrd, viewed as the remnant of the Protectorate of Plort, and the oldest nation in the Union.
- The Commonwealth of Wechi, the last state to break away from the old Protectorate prior to the formation of the Union, and the only one still in existence.
- The Refuge of Ozerbord, founded at the Union's inception as a refuge in times of trouble. It has the lowest population of all the nations of the Union.
- The Riding of Sittorese, recently founded to provide food to the knights of Plort in their wars.
- The Confederation of Diskord, newest of the five nations, separated into two regions at the ends of the island. The Diskord is a successor to the Republic of Iric, which was itself a successor to the Kingdom of Chaett.
Other nations which have been a part of the Union:
- The Republic of Iric was a member of the Union from its inception. After its collapse, its territory was ruled successively by the Riding and by the Diskord.
Other nations which have existed on Konti-Nyuum prior to the formation of the Union:
- The Kingdom of Chaett, the very first nation to break from the Protectorate.
- The Principality of El-Jheycom was a small, short-lived nation, though its partisans still maintain an underground Resistance.
Each of the nations of the Union has its own government, with the Union itself being run by the Council of Plort (formerly the Baronial Council). Militarily, the barons have authority over all citizens in their baronies; this system is a function of the Union, not of its constituent nations, which may grant other rights or duties to the barons in their own right.